Experiencing Minnesota Law is an important and helpful step toward learning more about the application process and student culture. At this time, we are scheduling in-person visits for admitted students by appointment only.
For the best experience as a prospective student, we encourage you to register in advance for a virtual student-led information session (dates below). Prospective students can also schedule a 1:1 virtual appointment with an admissions counselor or student ambassador.
Masks are mandated at the University of Minnesota for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors, and all parties must comply with the University's Safe Campus guidelines.
Virtual Student-Led Information Sessions
Friday, October 29 from 12:00-1:00pm CST - registration
Friday, November 12 from 12:00-1:00pm CST - registration
Friday, November 19 from 12:00-1:00pm CST - registration
Minnesota Law will continue to follow current University of Minnesota, MN Department of Health, and CDC guidelines for in-person events and will inform all registered attendees if event plans change.
Please note we are not offering any tours beginning in early December to respect student final examinations.
In this video, Director of Admissions Robin Ingli provides an overview of the application and admission process at the University of Minnesota Law School. The videos below cover other key aspects of the admission process and Minnesota Law life.
- Writing a Successful Personal Statement (presented by Ally Hilding, Assistant Director of Admissions)
- How to Prepare Successful Supplemental & Diversity Statements (presented by Maddie Mercil, Admissions Counselor)
- Preparing for Law School (presented by Mollie Wagoner, 2L)
- Student Life at Minnesota Law (presented by Navin Ramalingam, 3L)
- Scholarships, Financial Aid & Residency (presented by Kate Snowdon, Associate Director of Admissions)
- Putting on (and Taking Off) the Blinders During 1L Year (presented by Eura Chang, 2L)
- How to “Winter” in Minnesota (presented by Zach Wright, 3L)