Courtroom Observation Resources
Human Rights Defender Project: Immigration Court Observation
Orientation and Training: New observers are required to attend an in-person orientation and be paired with a mentor for their first shift. Once you sign the volunteer agreement, you will be contacted about orientation and training.
- Volunteer Manual Immigration Court
- Court Observation Printable Form-Merits Hearing
- Blank Docket
- Detained Master Calendar and Bond Form
- Non Detained Master Calendar Observation Form
Court Observation Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Observation Resources
- Court Observation Sample Observation Form
- Two-digit Country Codes, alphabetical by country
- Immigration consequences of criminal convictions
Data and Reports
A View into Immigration Court: Stakeholder Report from the Immigration Court Observation Project March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020
Bearing Witness in the Moment: Report from the Immigration Court Observation Project, available from The Advocates for Human Rights
Direct From Immigration Report: Human Rights Defender Project Report on Court Observations September 2019 through February 2020.
The Docket Newsletter
Back issues of this monthly publication The Docket can be viewed online.