Video: Minnesota Law's SCOTUS Preview Event
Minnesota Law's program previewing the U.S. Supreme Court's 2022-23 Term is now available for viewing.
More than 100 attended the hour-long event, held on Oct. 3 (the First Monday of October) to coincide with the first day of oral arguments. The panelists—Professors Elizabeth Bentley (who also served as moderator), Alan Rozenshtein, David Schultz '98, and Liliana Zaragoza—highlighted some of the key cases to follow. Cases discussed included:
- Moore v. Harper (election law/ independent state legislature theory)
- Merrill v. Milligan (election law/ redistricting/Voting Rights Act)
- Percoco v. United States (federal criminal law/ honest services fraud)
- Students for Fair Admissions Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College, Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. University of North Carolina (affirmative action)
- Haaland v. Brackeen (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- 303 Creative LLC v. Elenis (discrimination, LGBTQ+ rights, First Amendment)\
Watch the video below or listen to the podcast through our LawTalk podcast series.