Fifth Annual U of M Law School Patent Symposium
The rules of the game for patent damages and other remedies are ever-changing. Our faculty of experts will help business and legal professionals better understand current patent remedies law, standards, and best practices in order to make informed strategy decisions going forward.
Topics will include:
• Causation: Proving and Refuting the Value of the Patented Feature
• Lost Profits Calculations
• The Entire Market Value Rule
• Winning Use of Damage Experts
• Dealing with FRAND
• Willfulness and Enhanced Damages
• Attorney’s Fees: When Is a Case “Exceptional” Under 35 U.S.C. § 285?
• Injunctive Relief
• Top Patent Law Developments Not Involving Remedies
8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Symposium and panel discussion
12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Lunch in Auerbach Commons
Lunch from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. in Auerbach Commons
Complimentary parking at Seven Corners Parking Ramp (1800 Washington Avenue South) provided by Briggs and Morgan, P.A.