Belonging at Minnesota Law
Our Community: Active and Committed
Minnesota Law cultivates diverse academic, collegial, and community networking opportunities for students through a wide array of student-led events convened by student affinity organizations and groups that sponsor a large number of diversity, equity, and inclusion-focused events each year.
In honor of Black History Month, Minnesota Law students conducted a series of interviews with Black alumni and faculty. View a video of an interview between 3L Jessica Bontemps and Dean Garry W. Jenkins and read a Q&A between Amirah Ellison, 1L, and her father Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison '90 on what Black History Month means to them.
Minnesota Law's Admissions Ambassadors
Student ambassadors work with Minnesota Law’s Office of Admissions to provide outreach and make connections with prospective students who are considering attending the University of Minnesota Law School. Ambassadors help with various initiatives, including attendance at recruiting events, affinity group connections, and pipeline programs like the MN PreLaw Scholars Program and Discover Law.
Students also expand their networks by connecting with such Twin Cities-based professional groups as the Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers, Minnesota Women Lawyers, and the Minnesota American Indian Bar Association. Minnesota Law alumni are well represented in these organizations and provide mentoring to our students.
Interested in joining a student organization? Email email@example.com or Nubia Esparza, senior coordinator of diversity & student programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on student organizations can be found here.
Minnesota Law Affinity Groups
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Black Law Students Association
- Jewish Law Students Association
- Latinx Law Students Association
- Muslim Law Students Association
- Native American Services Project
- Voices for Immigration Student Association
- Women’s Law Student Association
Professional Affinity Groups
- Hmong American Bar Association
- Minnesota American Indian Bar Association
- Minnesota Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association Diversity Committee
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Somali American Bar Association
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice