The University is conducting a brief follow-up survey to the Employee Engagement Survey from October 2021. This will be sent out on October 10, 2022. As a reminder, the University’s Employee Engagement Survey is sent out every two years.
To help you prepare for that survey, we are sharing:
- a reminder of the October 2021 survey results,
- a review of our follow-up meeting last March,
- the Law School's action plan to address the survey results.
Reminder - October 2021 Employee Engagement Survey Results
- The survey results for the 2021 Employee Engagement survey can be found below.
Reminder - March 2022 Follow-Up Meeting on Employee Engagement Survey
The Employee Engagement Committee hosted a virtual meeting for all Law School faculty and staff in March 2022. The goals of the meeting were to share the survey results and share ideas for promoting community and belonging at the Law school, using a theme of “renewal” and breakout rooms.
At the meeting, faculty and staff shared their thoughts, including:
- being eager to return to in-person interactions and collaborations with colleagues;
- looking for support and structure around casual interactions with colleagues;
- dealing with Zoom fatigue and isolation from colleagues due to the pandemic;
- and challenges with newer employees meeting colleagues while remote.
Surrounding ideas for renewal, faculty and staff shared ideas, including:
- promoting ways for colleagues to connect around shared interests;
- creating opportunities for staff and faculty to learn more about individual departments’ work at the Law School;
- and revisiting team goals to stimulate engagement.
Dean Jenkins also shared the 2021 Employee Engagement Survey results at a Spring 2022 faculty meeting.
2022-23 Employee Engagement Committee Action Plan
The 2022-23 Employee Engagement Committee Action Plan is based on feedback from the survey and March 2022 results meeting and includes the following:
- Creating and promoting The Mondale Exchange Slack Channel - sign up now & connect with your colleagues in a casual setting
- Hosted the Summer 2022 Thursday Lunch Series for employees working in Mondale Hall - using hosting lunch from Marty's Deli (May), DQ treats (June), Costco Frozen Novelty treats (July), and Afro Deli (August).
- Implementing the following new initiatives this year:
- Mondale Mingle - A new take on our "cake breaks" of the past, these monthly gatherings, open to all faculty and staff, will showcase the work of our Law School departments while giving everyone a chance to mingle and eat treats. Our September Mondale Mingle is 9/29 at 11am in Room 65 with the Student Affairs Team hosting.
- Welcome Email from the Employee Engagement Committee for new hires - to ensure all of our new hires have an understanding of all the resources at the Law School and opportunities to connect with colleagues.
- Community Fund Drive - an opportunity to give back to the organization of your choice and connect with colleagues around giving. Learn more at our October Fall Gathering & Community Fund Drive Event, date TBD, featuring Mondale Kitchen.
- This winter we plan to showcase a project management tool or some other form of internal training for faculty and staff at the Law School.
Thank you all for your engagement and feedback this past year! Feel free to refer to this email when the follow-up survey comes out on October 10th, and follow up with us for continued suggestions on employee engagement.