NOTE: This course is being taught remotely in Spring 2022.
THIS SECTION FOR JD AND LLM STUDENTS ONLY. MSPL STUDENTS MAY ENROLL IN #5025.
The field of patents extends across the boundaries of business, technology, innovation, and law. In this course, students will be introduced to a broad range of patent related topics presented by leading practitioners working at the intersection of law and technology. The course is designed to provide an overview of patent law topics, for example:
- Primer on Patent Rights
- Business Case for Patents
- An Inventor's Journey(TM)
- Patent Drawings
- The Future of Patents
- How to Write a Patent Right
- spring break
- Patent Infringement
- Invalid Patents and Unsubstantiated Assertions
- Litigator/Prosecutor Patent Tips
- Ask Us Anything
- Diversity in the Patent Bar
- Patents in Small Companies
Leading practitioners lead a discussion for each of these topics. Subject matter experts may include corporate and law firm lawyers, patent agents, intellectual asset managers, consultants, tech transfer officers, and business owners.