The Corporate Institute combines the strengths of an internationally recognized business law faculty and a vibrant Twin Cities business community that is home to 16 Fortune 500 companies, dozens of Fortune 1000s, and a vibrant entrepreneurship scene.
Programming at the Corporate Institute prepares students for successful business careers and leadership positions and pairs world-class professionals with law students to leverage experience, learning and creativity. Students can work with start-up companies, entrepreneurs, and small businesses through the Business Law Clinic, experience what it is like to work in a corporate legal department, and hear from alumni who hold top positions at leading companies around the world. They can pursue combined degrees or earn a career-advancing concentration.
Highlights of the Corporate Institute
- Business Law Clinic, giving students opportunities to represent business clients in a non-litigation context
- Corporate Externship Program, offering options to earn credits while experiencing the world of business
- Corporate Fellowship Program, pairing recent graduates with corporations in full-time career building legal employment opportunities
- JD/MBA Degree Program, offering law students opportunity to earn a dual degree with the Carlson School of Management
- Perspectives in Taxation, bringing speakers to campus for discussions on issues related to tax